- Fall sports can begin tryouts on Wednesday, August 10th, 2016 for the 2016-2017 school year. Some sports may not start on this date – see below for sport-specific information.
- Cheerleading & Poms typically hold tryouts in May/June for the Fall season. See below for details.
- All winter sports begin tryouts on Tuesday, November 15th, 2016 for the 2016-2017 school year.
- All spring sports begin tryouts on Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 for the 2016-2017 school year.
Here is what you need to know:
- Grades – returning HS students must have at least a 2.0 and no more than 1 E on their most recent report card.
- Age – you must be under the age of 19 as of the first day of the school year.
- Paperwork and Permissions – you must have completed and have on file with the school all of the paperwork listed on the Forms page, each item must be completed BEFORE you will be allowed to participate in any team activities.
- ECA Fees & Obligations – Students who make an athletic team must pay the MCPS ECA Fee and must clear all athletic obligations with Blake before being allowed to participate in a contest. Visit the Forms page for more information on the ECA Fee.
Paperwork and Permissions: Please visit the Forms page for required forms and information.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader free from Adobe.com to view the PDF documents above.
All candidates for Northwest Athletics must have the above forms complete on the first day of tryouts. For additional information, please contact the individual coaches or Anne Rossiter, Athletic Director. Contact information for coaches can be found on the individual sport pages, linked at the top of the website.