The attached is information about a student athlete scholarship opportunity. Each year, Maryland has had outstanding applicants and have had many Section 2 winners.
The National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association is offering this scholarship and I know that each of you has at least one eligible candidate. Included is a copy of the application. It is available on the MSADA website as well. The application and essay are to be postmarked to or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and received by February 23, 2019.
- Applicant must be a Senior
- Applicant must have achieved at least two (2) of the following: (a) minimum of B+ average, (b) ranked in the top 25% of class, (c) ACT score of 24 or SAT score of 1100 (Math and Reading)
- Applicant must have participated in two (2) sports for a least two (2) years in each sport
- Applicant must have earned at least one (1) varsity letter in each of the two (2) sports
- Applicant must complete enclosed scholar/essay application
- Applicant must have a letter of recommendation from the high school athletic administrator/director
- School athletic director must be an NIAAA member and a member of their respective state athletic administrators/directors association the MSADA
- The principal or athletic director must sign the application to insure that the academic information submitted is accurate
- All materials must be postmarked to the me no later than February 23, 2018. Electronic materials must be emailed and received by February 23, 2019 to email@example.com