The following coaching positions are available, as of October 2020:
JV Field Hockey
V Field Hockey
Assistant Cross Country
JV Girls Lacrosse
V Girls Lacrosse
Any adults who are interested and qualified need to apply through MCPS Careers. (Please see the Montgomery County Public Schools web page for this link.)
Interested in becoming a coach at Northwest?
All MCPS paid stipend coaches must:
- Complete the MCPS New Coaches’ Seminar prior to the start of their first season.
- Complete PE-22 “Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries, Coaching Fundamentals and CPR/AED”, the application can be found online and a listing of this year’s class dates.
- Achieve and retain current certification in CPR/AED.
- Complete the Accredited Interscholastic Coach requirements within one year of the start of the season for which they were first hired, or the equivalent MSDE approved in-service coaching education program (Fundamentals of Coaching and Sport Specific Course ).
- Complete the NFHS Coaches’ Education Course entitled “Bullying, Hazing, and Inappropriate Behaviors” once.
- Complete the NFHS Coaches’ Education Course entitled “Concussion in Sports” every two years.
- Complete the NFHS Coaches’ Education Course entitled “Heat Illness Prevention” every two years.
- Complete the NFHS Coaches’ Education Course entitled “Sudden Cardiac Arrest“every two years.
Forms for Prospective Coaches
- PE-22 Application – application to take the “Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries, Coaching Fundamentals and CPR/AED” course, required for all MCPS stipend coaches.
- Guidelines regarding volunteer coaches are located in Volunteer Coach Application and Contract from the MCPS Athletic Handbook. Schools must complete this contract annually for each volunteer.
Additional Information and Guidelines
Additional information for coaches including information about the different types of stipend coaches, certification requirements, selection priority, volunteer coaches, consultants, coaching restrictions and Supporting Services Personnel as coaches is available in the Coaching Eligibility information from the MCPS Athletics handbook.
Note: All stipend coaches must be certified and approved by the Principal.
Questions? Please contact Athletic Director Anne Rossiter @ Anne_M_Rossiter@mcpsmd.org